Grants for Treatment – Application for Individuals
“Financially we have been so stretched so the funding has enabled me to continue accessing therapy which has really kept me going. It is difficult to know how things would've turned out had I stopped the therapy when I ran out of money. All I say is thank you and I'm glad I don't know the answer to that!”
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Behavioural problems
- Family therapy
These are just a few examples of the sort of issues we can help with. While treatment and therapy might take place at the Tuke Centre in York, funding is also available for work with therapists elsewhere.
We will also assist in providing practical support, hospital treatment or home nursing at the home of any Friend or those closely connected with Friends wherever they are living, either for mental or physical illness including accidents and respite care.
Quakers, Attenders or their close relatives for:
- Psychological assessments
- Counselling and other therapy to help mental health challenges
- Care in the home to help rehabilitation and recuperation after an illness or accident
- Support with expenses to visit relatives in caring for you
- Respite care
Your application must fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- The fund will contribute to your mental wellbeing
- The fund will contribute in aiding your recovery from physical illness or offer help through respite care
- You are unable to afford the full cost of the service yourself
- The service you need is difficult to access or unavailable in your area
- The fund will help you or your loved one to gain a greater sense of wellbeing.
There are two ways to submit an application form to us:
1. Download the application form, type in your responses and email it to us. OPEN IN WORD.
2. Download the application form, print it out, fill it in by hand and post it to us. OPEN PDF.
Application forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete your form.
You might be supported in this by your Quaker Meeting. You can also contact our Mental Health Development Officer for advice - contact Alison Mitchell on email@example.com or 07483028490
We prefer applications to be submitted electroncially to Bal Saini on firstname.lastname@example.org
If this isn't possible please use our PO Box address: Retreat York Benevolent Fund, Office 102. 51, Pinfold Street, Birmingham, B2 4AY.
If we need more information we will get in touch.
Once you have submitted your application it will be considered by Trustees. The trustees meet four times a year and consider all applications when they meet. Individual applications can be considered between meetings if the situation is urgent.