Grants for Quaker Projects and Initiatives
"[The Project] has done a lot for heads of department who have been open to the approach. It has had the biggest impact on our Autism Resource who it has given greater stability to."
We provide funding to help support activities related to Quakers and mental health. The projects we fund don't necessarily benefit Quakers, but must be led by Quakers and promote activities that are linked to Quaker values.
- Training/consultancy to Quaker organisations which relate to enhancing mental health.
- The development of a Quaker support group for mental health issues.
- A project to raise the ability and capacity to support people in Quaker Meetings who are emotionally vulnerable.
- Support for the translation of Quaker books, relevant to mental health, into different languages.
- Support for Quaker led meetings and conferences related to mental health.
- The development of a Memory Cafe
- The development of a hospital garden
- Support to enable a counselling project to offer free sessions
Your application must fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Related to improving mental health
- The project must be led by Quakers.
- The project or initiative will be conducted in line with Quaker values and behaviour.
How much can we give?
Most of the grants we give are less that £5,000. We can give up to £10,000 - this would be over two or more years.
There are two ways to submit an application form to us:
1. Download the application form, type in your responses and email it to us. OPEN IN WORD.
2. Download the application form, print it out, fill it in by hand and post it to us. OPEN PDF.
Application forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your completed application form to Bal Saini at: email@example.com
If you need to send papers please use our PO Box address: Retreat York Benevolent Fund, Office 102, 51, Pinfold Street, Birmingham, B2 4AY
For help and advice about completing the form please contact Alison Mitchell, Mental Health Development Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07483028490
If we need more information we will get in touch.
The trustees consider Project Applications at their meetings in March and September each year